Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Awesome Memory Boards!

Song of the Day:

Roll Away Your Stone by Mumford and Sons



Hey everyone! This week has been pretty fun craft and non-craft wise alike. It was my sister’s birthday this week so I made her something special that I knew she wanted. She has two kiddos of her own. Her son is in kindergarten and her daughter is getting ready for preschool and my sister had told me several times how she wished she had something to put their achievements on other than the fridge. I was only more than happy to obligeJ.



I created some cork memory boards! All I did was remove the glass from some large picture frames, put down two layers of rolled out cork onto the backs of the frames and covered it with some beautiful fabric. You could use a staple gun, but I used a hot glue gun instead, to apply the cork to the back of the frame and making sure it stays flat in the middle (no saggy middles, please!). After that, I cut some fabric to reach just an inch or so around each edge of the back of the frame and the cork, gluing (stapling) all the way around to keep it tight. To finish, I just slipped the border back into the glassless frame and the fabric and cork board back into it’s space, making sure to firmly pinch the tabs down. Voile! You now have a fantastic memory board! Now go and get some cute push pins and you have a super personalized memory board. J



The fabric I used for her sons board is called Golden Afternoon and I couldn’t help getting the skull push pins. They are too cute and very boyish!

The fabric for her daughter’s is called Mama’s Cottons and went perfectly with the cupcake push pins. J Thank you all so much for your comments and thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment