Thursday, April 21, 2011

Crafting along.... and a fantastic Ain't-Your-Momma's-Chicken Dinner!

Hey there everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've set up a post! I have been busy crafting for a swap and have some awesome results. However, I can't post it just yet since I know she has access to my blog and I don't want her to see the stuff before it gets to her house! It is a lot of fun, though, and if you're a fan of the movie the Princess Bride, then I'm sure you'll like it too.

If you haven't read the book by the same name, I totally recommend it! It is awesome! There are all the funny parts and lines from the movie plus a ton more! So get to it!

On a foodie note, we had the best dinner last night! I wanted to do chicken, but not the same old, same old. So, I pulled something up out of my brain that I thought would be delicious and it was! I marinated some chicken in a salad dressing that I made for the night before and it was soooooooo good!  I just got out my microplane (like a finer version of a cheese grater) and grated up about 2 inches of ginger, 5 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, a spoonful of orange juice concentrate and a half and half mix if olive oil and sesame oil. Whisk it all together and let your chicken marinate for about 6 hours. Cut into strips and add to an oiled skillet set on medium to medium high. Cook until no pink is left in the middle.

Part two? The roasted vegetables. Cut up two large red potatoes, two large sweet potatoes, 6 medium to small parsnips, and one onion into uniform pieces. I had to spread it onto two baking sheets with olive oil, a bit of salt, and some pepper. Let it roast on 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes. While it's baking, mince 5 cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of fresh rosemary. After the 20 minutes, mix up the veggies on the sheets so they will cook evenly and not dry out, sprinkle garlic and rosemary evenly, and more olive oil to your taste and stick back in the oven for another 20 minutes.

This dinner was so easy and delicious! The longest part was chopping up the vegetables. ;)
Hope you like this and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment