Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fabulous Steampunkery!!

Song of the day: Storybook Love from the Princess Bride movie.



So on my favorite craft site, Craftster, I’ve done some swaps with other people. Swapping is where you join in a group and a leader matches you up to your likes and dislikes and skill level. There are tons of different types of swaps: Disney, Dr. Who, Harry Potter, household stuff, hoopla, etc. I just finished a Small Steampunk Swap. I absolutely love what I received, but that’s not what this post is about.

I stepped out and tried making something new. I sew a bit here and there for me and my kids. But steampunk is new waters for me. I made her a tie on bustle
which was what she specifically wanted in her questionnaire along with an embellished tea tin
 and some wrist cuffs. While I love the bustle and tea tin, the cuffs are my favorite! I got the pattern from a book called Seams to Me and they came out fabulously with some cute little brass buttons! What do you guys think?


I’m doing a craft fair in Sacramento at the end of next month and I’m thinking of making a bunch like these and selling them. If that goes well, I might just set up an etsy shop. J We will see how it goes. Comments and constructive criticisms are welcome!

Have a great week everyone and have a great Memorial Day! Remember to thank a veteran and thank current military too!

No comments:

Post a Comment